Wash your face with honey!

Clear skin? Yes please! For years I struggled with finding a good way to take care of my face, I'm not a teenager, I figured I shouldn't be breaking out like this. I tried natural soaps, I tried the dermatologist, I got prescriptions for skin care. I kept breaking out more and more and some of the medicated skin care burned my face to a point where I was in tears. So imagine my surprise when I'm ...blog hopping and I see a post about washing your face with honey. I thought why not give it a chance?
That was well over a year ago.I got myself some raw local honey and gave it a go. I immediately noticed softer skin. After a week I noticed I was not breaking out. After a month my skin started looking so much nicer. I then tried using coconut oil on my face when I heard it would help with moisturizing. Everytime I try using a face soap, natural or not, I started breaking out again. So I Started packing my honey when I go on trips. Washing with honey is simple! Take a scoop of honey, rub it on your face (I do this right before I hop in the shower), try to let it set on your face while you are doing everything else in the shower, rinse when you are done. Sometimes I rinse early if it gets in my eyes, but I try to let it set as long as I can.
2 weeks ago I got some essential oils from Young Living and thought I would give those a try. The lemon helps with dark spots which I have plenty of from years of breaking out. The frankincense helps clear up your skin and keep it looking good. I've noticed the dark circles under my eyes don't look so bad. My skin just looks like it is glowing. I have people ask me all the time what I've been doing, so there it is! This is what I've been doing. I can't believe that after all these years I finally have something that works for me!
Now I don't generally wear make-up, so this works for me for cleaning. I do not use any other face soap. If you do wear make-up you can simply add a bit of baking soda to the honey. Voila!
Why raw local honey? It is anti bacteria and antimicrobial. It is slightly drying while also being incredibly moisturizing. It is healing and helps repair scars and sores and it is just pain great for your skin. Why coconut oil? It can restore moisture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles when used regularly and also contains nutrients which nourish and heal the skin.
Keep in mind it may take a couple of weeks for your body to detox from your regular skin care routine, so it may take over a week for results to show. Don't give up, it is so worth it!

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

© Amy Chomas ♥ Shop: amychomas.com | Blog: amychomas.blogspot.com