Love me some Peppermint!



Ah learning! Even though I've been out of school for *ahem* years, I still love to read up and learn! Mostly it is on health now though. Man if I only knew then what I know now...

Anyways I'm learning so much on the oils, so I figured what I find out I my as well share, right? So that way if you have some oils, or want to try, you can learn with me! Starting today with peppermint!

Over 10 years ago I found peppermint oil. Someone told me to rub it on my temples to stop headaches in their tracks. The first time I tried it I was amazed! After that instead of grabbing for ibuprofen for a headache I started grabbing for the peppermint oil. The best part? Ibuprofen irritated my tummy and peppermint oil didn’t, so I had found myself a winner! Just a few drops of peppermint oil rubbed on the temples, neck and sinuses can cure even tough headaches!

Fast forward to a few months ago, when I decided to try even more oils knowing how much peppermint oil was helping (wait, why did I wait so long???)… I found out that peppermint was not only good for headaches, it is also known to help with…

-Taming tummy trouble. 1 drop of peppermint oil can be rubbed on the tummy or taken internally to calm indigestion or upset stomach (why not replace the Tums with some peppermint oil!)

-Hunger helper. The smell of peppermint oil makes you feel fuller faster, especially if you breathe it during a meal

-Allergy helper. Peppermint oil along with lemon and lavender eases airways during allergy season (why not replace allergy meds with these natural alternatives???)

-Intestinal distress reliever. When used topically or internally peppermint can help with cramping or diarrhea. (goodbye nasty tasting pink stuff!)

-Naturally clean! Peppermint oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties.

-Pick me up! Peppermint oil improves blood circulation and awareness, hello energy!

-Spiders be gone! Spiders don’t like peppermint oil, and sends them heading for the hills! Awesome as spiders are very scary!

-Toothache relief! Peppermint oil is a natural pain reliever and muscle relaxant! Great to use before and after dental work or on teething babies! (Wonderful, no more whiskey on baby gums! Hehe! **Disclaimer, I have never ever used whiskey on baby gums and I sooooo don’t recommend it! It is much better on parent’s gums to help relieve their stress!)

Now I think you can tell why peppermint oil is my fav! Anyone else have any other uses for peppermint oil?? I want to know!

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

© Amy Chomas ♥ Shop: amychomas.com | Blog: amychomas.blogspot.com