Mmmm minty chocolaty protein bars!

 So I'm getting together all the goodies to make protein bars and see the peppermint sitting on the counter.  If there is one thing I love it is minty chocolate.  I thought, hey why not try adding some peppermint oil to my protein bars and reap the health benefits!?!  So I did!  And know what, they were amazing, absolutely amazing, and I will be doing it again, and again!
2 cups almond butter
1 3/4 cup honey
2 1/2 cup Arbonne chocolate protein powder
8 drops Young Living peppermint oil
Now I mixed all of that together as my "base". The rest of the stuff I started throwing in and mixing around until I was happy. I didn't want them to dry or not to stick together.
So 1-2 cups quinoa flakes (I added a cup, mixed it around, added a bit more, until I was happy!)
1/2 to 1 cup coconut flakes (same thing!)
I rolled a bunch of these into single serving protein balls.
Now the best part I have noticed?? I eat one, it is awesome, and then I don't crave another like I normally do after eating 1! Peppermint is a natural appetite control.  And I get a chocolate fix, let me tell you.

I also added peppermint to my morning chocolate protein drink to, but only 2-3 drops.  Holy wake me up in the morning!  Love it!

Trying to think of what else to add peppermint in! hehe!

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

© Amy Chomas ♥ Shop: amychomas.com | Blog: amychomas.blogspot.com