Epsom soak

Made a soak for Cam's nasty swollen/bruised ankle.  He didn't land right after doing a lay up, UGH!  This is day 3 and the bruise is really coming out.  We iced and oiled the first 2 days, and again this morning.
So time for an Epsom soak!  Magnesium (epsom salts) can help relax the muscles and flush the lactic acid out of them, magnesium also helps reduce inflammation.  I think I want to soak my whole body in it one day...
Baking soda (yes I went to Costco!! lol) can help with mineral absorption.
Lemongrass is good for inflammation (and smells AWESOME!!!)
Spearmint seems to come in the mixed with lemongrass scent, and is also good for inflammation as well.
Smells AWESOME, and helps with inflammation.  When asked, Cam replied "it feels good".  So there you have it folks!  I believe it is a win!  I may have to give it a try tonight...

I used 6 ounces of Epsom with a TBS of baking soda, 8 drops of lemongrass & 4 drops spearmint.  Shook well! 

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

© Amy Chomas ♥ Shop: amychomas.com | Blog: amychomas.blogspot.com