Let's talk working out. I know some people automatically thing, ugggggh, I would rather put a fork in my eye then work out. They say the hardest part of working out is walking through the door (the gym door!)
Want to hear something crazy? I LOVE it. Absolutely can't wait to get to the gym on any given day, I look forward to it! I feel like I have missed something in my day if I don't get in a work out. I sleep better. I want to eat better. I feel better.
Now where are we thinking differently here in the working out aspect? Here are some things I have done over the years to make sure I keep on keeping on. And by over the years I mean I have done some sort of workout at least 3 times a week for over 7 years straight, and on and off before then. Now I'm working out at least 5 days a week.
Try this...
Find something you ENJOY! You don't have to get on a treadmill if it bores the crap out of you. This isn't a requirement! Do Zumba (FUN!), swim laps, walk with a friend, play a game you enjoy (basketball, racquetball?), dance around your house, anything to get you up and moving. If you don't enjoy what you are doing you probably aren't going to keep at it. I HATE running. HATE it. So I don't do it!
Find a support team or person to hold you accountable, but make sure that the person or people you pick are in it for the long haul! I will admit there are days I wake up and am like, nah I don't want to go today. But then I text my friend and ask if she is going and know that I have to go so I don't let her down. She does the same for me! I actually have quite a few people I do this with, so there is always a back up plan if there are sick kids and such!
Go into each workout thinking you can do this. Cause you can! I went through a time where I was worried I couldn't complete a work out, and dreaded going to the gym. Loved the class, loved the people in it and wanted to see them, but dreaded the actual class cause it was hard. Then one day I told myself, Amy, you do this 3 times a week and you make it through every time. Tell yourself, I got this. I'm going to kick this workouts ASS! There I said it, that is what I say lol! I told my trainer this and he liked it. After that feeling of dread was replaced with a kick ass attitude, I found the classes getting easier even though I know they kept getting harder.
Fake it till you make it lol! The positive attitude was a game changer for me!
MUSIC! Don't forget the upbeat, fun music! The more upbeat it is, the faster you seem to move. When a slow song comes on I feel myself slowing down. No slow music at the gym! Well unless it is the end and you are stretching!
Which brings me to stretching!!! Take at least 5 minutes after a workout to get a good stretch in. Holding each stretch for at least 30 seconds for optimal stretch capacity lol! Stretching helps prevent injuries and helps you be less sore the next day.
And sore the next day? Keep moving! Try hitting other body parts in your workout but don't sit around the house because you are sore. This only makes it worse the next day!
Make sure you are eating enough for sure. Lacking food makes you have less energy and makes it harder to finish a workout. I find healthy fats and proteins help me with energy way more then carbs ever have and they stay with me longer!
Drink lots of water!! Too little water can make you feel less then spectacular as well and you are more likely to be even more sore after a workout if you don't get enough water.
Think cardio and only cardio is a good choice cause you are burning calories? It isn't enough! You need to strength train as well with weights. No worries you won't get all bulky! It takes hours upon hours a day to get the muscles body builders have. 20 minutes a day 3-5 times a week isn't going to cut it. And muscle burns more fat, so the more muscle you build, the more powerful your fat burning machine body becomes!
It takes 3 weeks to make a habit. So even if you dread working out for the first week, and then the second, and into the third, keep at it. Routine makes it all easier to manage as well.
Want some oils to help get you moving and on your way to the gym? Of course you do! Lemon & peppermint in the diffuser can put some pep in your step!
Want some oooomph behind your work out Try adding Ningxia Nitro to your Ningxia Red drink. I do this on the morns I know a work out is going to be tough. So 5 days a week lol!!!
Sore after a workout??? Relieve it, aroma seize and even Ortho Ease can help with muscle soreness!
Want to get in a group where we are helping each other and holding each other accountable? I can do that to!! Let me know!
Want to know more?
I hope you are enjoying reading and learning about essential oils like I do! Feel free to contact me at amyc222@yahoo.com to learn more!
Young Living 1542465
Young Living 1542465
Search This Blog
Oily posts
- air freshener
- allergies
- aroma seize
- balsam fir
- being oily
- black pepper
- boo-boo healer
- Breathe Again
- busy kids
- carrier oils
- Cedarwood
- citronella
- citrus fresh
- clear skin
- clove
- colds
- cootie killer
- crazy days
- cypress
- deep relief
- digize
- Dorado Azul
- Dragon Time
- eczema
- Epsom soak
- essential oils class
- Eucalyptus
- fennel
- fever
- fighting the sickies
- Focus
- frankincense
- gift ideas
- ginger
- good in water
- grapefruit
- hand sanitizer
- Happy juice
- headache
- honey face wash
- how many drops in a bottle
- in focus
- kids
- lavender
- lemon
- lemongrass
- lime
- M-Grain
- marjoram
- melaleuca A
- melrose
- monthly promo
- no deodorant
- ocotea
- oil pulling
- oils under $20
- oily necklace
- Orange
- ordering essential oils
- oregano
- overindulgence helper
- pain concoction
- palo santo
- panaway
- peace & calming
- peppermint
- pets
- purification
- RC
- recipes
- roller caps
- Rosemary
- school days
- spearmint
- stress away
- tangerine
- tea tree oil
- tendonitis
- thieves
- thieves cleaner
- thieves toothpaste
- valor
- vetiver
- weight loss
- whipped coconut oil
- white fir
- Why Young Living?
- wintergreen
- working out
Followers
About Me
- Amy Chomas
- I'm a SAHM to 4 children that keep me busy, and in my very small amounts of spare time I love to scrapbook and improve my photography skills! Now I'm keeping very busy with designing with the new holders for the Silhouette & Cricut and having an awesome time doing it!