How I help my busy kid...


I've always known my son, Jack was "busy". He has been that way since he started to move. At first you go with, that is just boy. I worried about him going to 3 year old preschool thinking he would get kicked out because he was too "busy". He made it thro...ugh no problem. We didn't start having problems till 1st grade. He told us his teacher was "mean" and by mean it meant she told him things like "stay in your seat" or "it's not time to play". 2nd grade was worse. Every day a melt down about going to school, and then a melt down when picking him up. We knew you never mess with Jack when he is hungry or tired. So I started packing extra snacks to make sure we had hungry covered, and we always tried to put him to bed early (constant battle).
I started him in counseling to deal with the "busy" issues. We worked with his diet and changing it. Finally we decided to get the analysis done to see what we were dealing with as the counselor was having problems getting him to open up.
So Jack was diagnosed with ADHD, ODD (oppositional defiance disorder), depression & a bit of anxiety. The truth hurt. We always figured ADHD as he has problems sitting still. And ODD as he will argue a point with you whether he is right or wrong. Never did I think depression or anxiety.
I do not want the side effects of medication for Jack. No thanks.
So this is what we are working on...
Still watching diet as he is way worse with things like dyes in food, too much sugar and preservatives.

We use peace & calming at night to help him fall asleep faster (no more hour of bedtime drama, that one has been a big help for a full nights sleep).
We also use peace & calming or stress away at homework time (no more homework melt downs! aaaah...)
I use vetiver on his big toes & back of neck to help the concentration.
I've got a mix of frankincense, valor & orange I am going to work with on him for school. I haven't tried this for school yet. I just made this recipe I found. I have been putting it on him though. This is the middle recipe.
I've been told as far as depression goes if we help get the ADHD & ODD under control, that will follow. The orange in the recipe above is a mood lifter. The valor is known to help anxiety.
I have tried cedarwood on him but it makes him fall asleep in class. So that one is out.
Stress away on me to handle Jack! This is a big one for me. Dealing with a child with issues can be rough.
So there you go! Busy Jack. The appointment really opened our eyes. I'm not ready to medicate him (probably never will be). It also explains all of these years of him leaping without looking.
No worries! We are keeping him

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

© Amy Chomas ♥ Shop: amychomas.com | Blog: amychomas.blogspot.com